Towards Precise Laparoscopic Surgery : A hands-on master class
Download Course Brochure here.
Course Directors: Dr. Suresh Deshpande, Dr. Abhay Dalvi
Faculty : Dr. Aparna Deshpande, Dr.Pinky Thapar, Dr. Pramod Shinde, Dr. Rahul Mahadar, Dr. Sadashiv Chaudhary, Dr. Jignesh Gandhi, Dr. Eham Arora
What will you learn?
Learn the fundamentals of laparoscopy including instrument handling, ergonomics, hand-eye coordination techniques
Develop skills in Lap Cholecystectomy, Lap Appendicectomy, and Diagnostic Laparoscopy
Master skills in knotting and suturing – the most essential step to make you a complete surgeon
- Learn at mutual convenience without affecting your daily clinical practice
- Minimal lectures, maximum Practical exercises
- Virtual hand-holding during the exercises
- Tips & Tricks by experts to build expertise
- Additional tips to avoid Complications in the procedures
Pre-requisites for the Course :
Candidates to procure the below set of instruments which will be needed to successfully complete the various phases of the course.
- Endotrainer with USB camera
- Hand Instruments (1 grasper, 1 dissector, 1 scissor, 1 needle holder, 1 knot pusher, clip applicator and clips, trocars, veress needle)
- Thermocol sheet
- Tissue and pieces of goat intestine
- 2 long shoe laces or 100 cm long thick black thread
- 2-0 vicryl (26mm or 30mm needle) – 5 nos
Phase I- Pre-Course (Week 1)- Video-based tutorials on basics- 6 tutorials
Phase II- In-Course (Week 2-10)-
- 3 weeks of Live interactive sessions (14 Live interactive video sessions with faculty to explain each topic in detail and get your queries resolved )
- 2 weeks of Hands-on at your own premises (candidates to procure instruments as mentioned in Pre-requisites of the course and transmit videos of their hands-on exercises of access/knotting/suturing Live through endo-trainers USB camera's output)
- 4 Weeks of Skill evaluation -candidates to upload their assignment videos of various excercises performed on animal tissue. Faculty will be evaluating the videos and will give ratings on each step, so that candidate knows his weak areas and can practice on the same till he gets better in it.
Encyclopedia Access (2 weeks)- Watch the videos of difficult cases, get your queries solved in Live interactive session
Phase III- Post-Course- Live 1:1 telementoring session with each candidate where candidate transmits his Live surgery from his OT, and faculty mentors him virtually throughout the surgery.
Video-based Tutorials on basics 6 Topics
Advanced topics in Gall Bladder 6 Topics
- Difficult Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy- Series I (Dr. Pinky Thapar)
- Complicated Lap Chole in cirrhosis Liver- Series II (Dr. Pinky Thapar)
- Difficult Cholecystectomy- Series III (Dr. Pinky Thapar)
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy - Aberrent Right Hepatic Artery (Dr. Rahul Mahadar)
- Laparoscopic CBD Exploration for Large CBD Stone (Dr. Rahul Mahadar)
- CT for general surgeons (Dr. Eham Arora)